Why Shop Indie?
When you shop at an independently-owned business, your entire community benefits:
- Spend $100 at a local business and $68 of that stays in the community. Spend the same $100 at a national chain, and the community only sees $43.
- Local businesses create higher-paying jobs for you and for our neighbors. More of your taxes are reinvested in your community--where they belong.
- Buying local means less packaging, less transportation, and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Shopping in a local business district means less infrastructure, less maintenance, and more money to beautify your community.
- Local retailers are your friends and neighbors-- support them and they’ll support you.
- Local businesses donate to charities and events (especially local ones) at more than twice the rate of national chains.
More independents means more choice, more diversity, and a truly unique community.
Now is the time to stand up and join your fellow individuals in the mission to support local businesses and celebrate your independents.